Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexing Documents with SSI (Server Side Includes)

Daniel Naber daniel.naber at t-online.de
Tue Nov 2 19:52:11 GMT 2004
On Saturday 23 October 2004 16:24, Frank wrote:

> 1) How can I use SSI in the search.html and no_match.html templates?
> Adding <!--#includes .... doesn't work
> How do I get the templates to parse the SSI tags?

That's not possible without programming. But you could try to do it the
other way: have a .html page with your include statements and have another
include that calls the search result page. However, I'm not sure if SSI is
powerful enough for that.

> 2) When perlfect search results are displayed, the <!--#includes ... -->
> lines are ignored.
> How do I get the results to parse the SSI tags when I select "hilighted
> matches"

Perlfect Search loads the files from harddisk, so it doesn't see the
include's content, only the "include" command. If you want to work around
that, set $HTTP_START_URL in conf.pl to crawl your pages via http.