Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] setup.pl problems

Frank perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Sun, 23 May 2004 12:00:40 -0400
--------------030304080603050309020700

Thanks,

I figured that out.
Everything works.

I have found a bug when installing Perlfect Search on virtual servers.
To index the pages, indexer.pl requires the conf.pl to have only the
"virtual paths" (e.g. /var/www/cgi/)
To use the search on the actual web pages, search.pl requires the
conf.pl to have "absolute path listing the virtual site's path" (e.g.
/home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/)

To work-around this, I created two conf.pl files: one listing the
virtual path and one with the absolute path.
I changed line 61 within search .pl to conf_virtual.pl now I can reindex
the site using SSH and use the search without having to change the
conf.pl file back and forth.

Daniel Naber wrote:

>On Sunday 23 May 2004 04:39, Frank wrote:
>

>>bash-2.05a$ bash-2.05a$  perl -P setup.pl
>>

>Please try without the "-P" switch.
>
>Regards
> Daniel

--------------030304080603050309020700

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thanks,<br>
I figured that out.<br>
Everything works.<br>
I have found a bug when installing Perlfect Search on virtual servers.<br>
To index the pages, indexer.pl requires the conf.pl to have only the
"virtual paths" (e.g. /var/www/cgi/)<br>
To use the search on the actual web pages, search.pl requires the
conf.pl to have "absolute path listing the virtual site's path" (e.g.
/home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/)<br>
To work-around this, I created two conf.pl files: one listing the
virtual path and one with the absolute path.<br>
I changed line 61 within search .pl to conf_virtual.pl now I can
reindex the site using SSH and use the search without having to change
the conf.pl file back and forth.<br>
Daniel Naber wrote:<br>