Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Switching from .html to .php -- any potential problems?

Linda Antonsson perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 19:15:12 +0200
webmaster wrote:
> Linda Antonsson wrote:
>
>> I have yet to find a good tool for automatically generating a
>> sitemap, and I change things around too often to have to do it
>> manually each time. :)
>

> Tsk tsk. You haven't poked around the Perlfect site much, have you?  :-p
> I found this useful program from a link there.
>
> http://www.danielnaber.de/tree/
>
> It's a bit rough around the edges. I had to do some search and replace
> to tidy up the code a bit. But it put together an inventory of 40 pages
> in short time.
>
>> The main problem I have is a section of 450+ files which aren't
>> directly linked anywhere as they're opened via javascript popups,
>

> Ugh. That'll be a big problem, because there's no way to index them via
> http.
>
>> and they'd make a sitemap far too huge to be much use as well.
>

> Indeed. I created only about 40 pages for a restaurant site (see url in
> sig). But even that is too much for a site map, so I created a simple
> site map with 18 entries, showing a basic outline of the site.
>
> http://www.tsmchughs.com/site/map
>
> On the site map (and help page) is a link to the document inventory,
> with 40 entries.
>
> http://www.tsmchughs.com/site/inventory

Thank you. :) That looks like something I could play around with. I'd
probably still have to change the links opened with javascript somehow,
but otherwise it should work.

Linda

--
http://www.westeros.org/ -- The 'A Song of Ice and Fire' Domain