Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Switching from .html to .php -- any potential problems?

Linda Antonsson perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Sun, 16 May 2004 22:38:23 +0200
Daniel Naber wrote:

> On Sunday 16 May 2004 21:44, Linda Antonsson wrote:
>

>>Ah, I see. Thanks. :) How much of a disadvantage is it to index via
>>http? Is it much more insecure and/or resource draining?
>

> It takes some more resources, but probably not so much that you need to
> worry about that.  All your pages must be linked from your start page,
> otherwise they won't be found (unlike on indexing disk).
>
> Regards
>  Daniel

Oh, I see. That might be more problematic. Also, I looked through the
configuration file, and I noticed it said that highlighting matches only
works with  .html files. Is there any way around that? :)

Thanks again,

Linda