[Perlfect-search] Dynamic Page (PHP pages) Indexing Problems
Michael Borck email@example.com
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:03:40 +0800
>> I have even
>> tried chmod 777. Still no luck. I get the "Cannot open error".
> did you also set the directory's permissions to 777? Setting the files'
> permissions will not be enough.
Yes, no luck. This is a summary of what I have discovered so far:
I can open/download the file in the browser, so file/path/permissions
I index via CGI search works (but because of https, indexes nothing)
I index via filesystem search fails (but index all files)
I had perlfect search work, then it stopped
The techos upgraded a few machines (but not the web server)
I moved my site from .shtm to php pages (doubt related, but including
Based on this, I suspect it is a problem with the sturucture of the
index file, which might be being caused by different versions of
DB_File installed. The configuration here is that I cannot directly
log onto the web server, only have access to an shared area on the
server. So I think when I index via the file system, the local
version of DB_File is different to the version of DB_File on the web
This fits with machines on our network being upgraded. I have asked
the techos for more detailed information (version of DB_FILE on server
etc), and will let you know of my progress.
Thought I would keep you informed of my progress.
Associate Lecturer E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curtin University Phone: +61 8 9266 7939
GPO Box U1987, PERTH Fax: +61 8 9266 2819
WA 6001, Australia CRICOS Provider Code: 00301J