Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Dynamic Page (PHP pages) Indexing Problems

Daniel Naber perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:24:52 +0100
On Wednesday 25 February 2004 16:33, Michael Borck wrote:

> Error: Couldn't get 'https://www.computing.edu.au/units/ec100/':
> response code 500

Michael,

that page does not only use https (of which I'm not sure if the module we
use supports it), but also asks for a password here. So it can't be
indexed automatically. About the permission error when indexing on the
command line: 755 is okay, but who is the owner of the files? Probably not
you, because the owner was set to someone else when you indexed via
index_form.html. So I suggest to delete all files in the "data" directory
on the command line and try again (from the command line).

BTW, depending on how you use PHP it might make sense to index the
filesystem and "comment out" the PHP code with the snippets configured in
$IGNORE_TEXT_START and $IGNORE_TEXT_END in conf.pl.