Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Search script problem.....cannot open inv_index file

Ahmed Ghazvini perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:17:11 -0800 (PST)
--0-807932804-1077308231=:93528

It seems like you are leading me into a circle:
I first told you:
When I call indexer.pl, it says:
 Error: Access denied, invalid password(set $INDEXER_CGI_PASSWORD in
 conf.pl).
Than you said:
You have to call it via index_form.html.
Than I said:
index_form doesnt work....it says server 500 error because search.pl says the following error: cgi-bin/search/data/inv_index: No such file or directory at search.pl line 83.
Than you said:
There are many reasons for this
I said:
The reason is because a directory or file is missing
So you said:
You have to build the index with indexer.pl

So we are back where we started because I already told you when i call indexer.pl, it tells me error must set password, and when i call index_form it says server 500, and search.pl says im missing a file!
Its getting confusing so I hope you understand what i was trying to say

Daniel Naber <daniel.naber@t-online.de> wrote:
On Friday 20 February 2004 18:31, Ahmed Ghazvini wrote:

> There is no data directory or inv_index file that I was supposed to
> create or upload..why does it say that?

Because you first have to build the index with indexer.pl...

--0-807932804-1077308231=:93528

<DIV>It seems like you are leading me into a circle:</DIV>
<DIV>I first told you:</DIV>
<DIV>When I call indexer.pl, it says:<BR>&nbsp;Error: Access denied, invalid password(set $INDEXER_CGI_PASSWORD in<BR>&nbsp;conf.pl).</DIV>
<DIV>Than you said:<BR>You have to call it via index_form.html.</DIV>
<DIV>Than I said:</DIV>
<DIV>index_form doesnt work....it says server 500 error because search.pl says the following error: cgi-bin/search/data/inv_index: No such file or directory at search.pl line 83.</DIV>
<DIV>Than you said:</DIV>
<DIV>There are many reasons for this</DIV>
<DIV>I said:</DIV>
<DIV>The reason is because a directory&nbsp;or file is missing</DIV>
<DIV>So you said:</DIV>
<DIV>You have to build the index with indexer.pl</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So we are back&nbsp;where we started because I already told you when i call indexer.pl, it tells me error must set password, and when i call index_form it says server 500, and search.pl says im missing a file!</DIV>
<DIV>Its getting confusing so I hope you understand what i was trying to say</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><BR><B><I>Daniel Naber &lt;daniel.naber@t-online.de&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">On Friday 20 February 2004 18:31, Ahmed Ghazvini wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; There is no data directory or inv_index file that I was supposed to<BR>&gt; create or upload..why does it say that?<BR><BR>Because you first have to build the index with indexer.pl...<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Daniel<BR><BR>-- <BR>http://www.danielnaber.de<BR>_______________________________________________<BR>perlfect-search mailing list<BR>perlfect-search@perlfect.com<BR>To unsubscribe, set other personal options or view the list archives please visit:<BR>http://perlfect.com/mailman/listinfo/perlfect-search<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-807932804-1077308231=:93528--