Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Start-Url Problems

david groeling pokerup2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 13:53:21 GMT 2004
Im having a heck of a time getting http search to
work. I have read the documentation over and over and
have tried numerous if not all of the variable
settings that  i can imagine.
Here are current and most accurate settings that i
use. With these settings i can do all but index from
the web. I would like to index from the web as of the
use of active page's such as .php content.

$DOCUMENT_ROOT = '/www/Apache2/htdocs/';
$BASE_URL = 'https://your-domain.org:8082/';
    I know this is the setting that sets the actual
     link specfication from your search page. All
     my links point to the proper page and server
     protocol HTTPS.
$CGIBIN = '/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/';
$INSTALL_DIR =
'/www/apache2/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/';
@EXT = ("htm","html","shtml","xml","php");
$INDEXER_CGI_PASSWORD = "MY-PASSWORD";

Now in order for all this to work properly i can not
use the http start url wich i really would like to.
As stated i have tried every possible variable i can
think of. The best results i have gotten are 1 page
scanned 0 pages indexed 0 content indexed. When i use
the start HTTP url varaible.

$HTTP_START_URL = '';

Are there any problems with this on my side that
anyone can see?
Are there any problems in the code that prevents this
option from working properly?

I have come to like this program i have actually
looked for quite a long time for a good search engine
i think i have found it here. This is very good work
and i must appluad you all for doing such a good job.

Well Merry Christmas all
PS: Santa at Perlfect Search please respond with all
positive answers to my ?s Oh yeah and dont forget to
look under the tree i have left you something there
again this year.