Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] url returned in search result

webmaster perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:10:02 -0400
Daniel Naber wrote:

> On Monday 19 April 2004 02:56, webmaster wrote:
>
>> instead of http://www.example.com/foo/bar
>> it returns http://www.example.com/foo/bar.html
>
> Maybe you could post real URLs,

search page: http://www.tsmchughs.com/site/searchn

The first search box, "basic site search," will illustrate the behavior
I'm seeing. Do a search for "lunch" and look at the results. The first
result is

http://www.tsmchughs.com/menus/lunch.html

However, there is no url that matches that on the site. Instead, using
Apache multiviews, I use urls without extensions exclusively. You can
see this by visiting the menu page

http://www.tsmchughs.com/menus/

And follow the link to the "lunch menu"

http://www.tsmchughs.com/menus/lunch

> I don't know what could cause this without a real example.

Sorry, I (mistakenly) assumed that it was the way the search script
worked "out of the box," and that an example would not be needed. Stupid
assumption on my part.

--
webmaster/admin:
bonfete.biz           haprahamian.com