Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] index local with http Proxy server

Daniel Naber perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 02:21:44 +0200
On Saturday 06 September 2003 10:22, Marcus Landscheidt wrote:

> I wish to index on an local system in an intranet using a http proxy.
> what to change in the configuration or in indexer_web.pl ?

I never tested that, but it seems you need to call
$http_user_agent->env_proxy() and set HTTP_PROXY or CGI_HTTP_PROXY (see
"perldoc LWP::UserAgent" for more information).

> indexing on an windows machine an copiing the data-file to a
> unix-system works great.

Then you're lucky, it doesn't work for other people.