Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Passing a hidden variable to Perlfect and adding to a link

Daniel Naber perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:38:45 +0200
On Thursday 09 October 2003 12:18, Robert van Hall wrote:

> What I would like to do is opening the pdf's in the search results in a
> new wondow, and the html's just in the same frame.
> Can this be done in Pelfect Search? And if so, how can I do it?

For me PDF files open in an external viewer, so an extra window is quite
annoying... but anyway: you can add <!--item: target--> to the template
and add another line to the cast_loop() call in search.pl. The value
assigned to the variable needs to depend on the url (does it end with .pdf
or not?). (My hint about $h{'target'} = ... was actually incorrect).