Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] ANN: search logfile analysis tool

Morten Wulff perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:43:20 +0100
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:35:57 +0100, Daniel Naber
<daniel.naber@t-online.de> wrote:

<snip>
> Please send me feedback and tell me if it works okay.

Works great (both online and offline). I have one small feature idea: It
would be nice to be able to see search phrases as well as search terms.

I have written a script which does that:

http://www.psyke.org/about/tech/searchlog.pl

Usage: searchlog.pl <logfile> [<ip to exclude>...]

I.e. to run the script and exclude the IP numbers of my development
machines at home and at work (addresses have been obscured):

searchlog.pl log.txt 62.61.n.n 192.38.n.n

Sample output:

IP               Hostname                                         Hits
67.41.31.181     67.41.31.181                                       60
199.98.20.223    conjunction.ee.cooper.edu                          44
68.84.77.59      pcp02432332pcs.trnrsv01.nj.comcast.net             42

Phrase                                                           Count
cutting                                                             94
self burning                                                        60
how not to commit suicide                                           38

Term                                                             Count
self                                                               330
cutting                                                            190
bulimia                                                            110

The hostname stuff is mainly for fun, but I find the phrase stuff useful
(although it might be an idea to only include phrases with two or more
words).

Kind regards,

Morten Wulff

--
Self Injury Information and Support: www.psyke.org

"I have a school book with my name on it."
"Your parents must be so proud." (http://www.actsofgord.com/)