Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] ANN: search logfile analysis tool

Morten Wulff
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:43:20 +0100
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:35:57 +0100, Daniel Naber
<> wrote:

> Please send me feedback and tell me if it works okay.

Works great (both online and offline). I have one small feature idea: It
would be nice to be able to see search phrases as well as search terms.

I have written a script which does that:

Usage: <logfile> [<ip to exclude>...]

I.e. to run the script and exclude the IP numbers of my development
machines at home and at work (addresses have been obscured): log.txt 62.61.n.n 192.38.n.n

Sample output:

IP               Hostname                                         Hits
------------------------------------------------------------------------                                       60                          44             42

Phrase                                                           Count
cutting                                                             94
self burning                                                        60
how not to commit suicide                                           38

Term                                                             Count
self                                                               330
cutting                                                            190
bulimia                                                            110

The hostname stuff is mainly for fun, but I find the phrase stuff useful
(although it might be an idea to only include phrases with two or more

Kind regards,

Morten Wulff

Self Injury Information and Support:

"I have a school book with my name on it."
"Your parents must be so proud." (