Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Index made locally not funtion in remote webserver

Daniel Naber perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:03:06 +0100
On Monday 10 November 2003 16:09, orestes wrote:

> Now, if I run indexer.pl leaving the no_index file empty, the searcher
> works, but if I exclude some folder/file (as always we have made), when
> we trying to execute the searcher from the corresponding form we obtain
> the following error message:

There simply is no guarantee that a locally built index works on a remote
server. It may have stopped working because Perl (or some module etc.) was
upgraded on the server. But maybe just the permissions of the index files
got messed up (or the path to the files changed).