Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Index made locally not funtion in remote webserver

orestes perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:09:46 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3A772.C4B34860

Dear Nabel:

Before all, and although a little late, I should thankyou your guessed right
answer around my problem with accented characters. The character system was
de key. Our site had established  "charset=utf-8" in html headers, and when
we ran indexer.pl, strange characters appeared in all the texts. We change
to "charset=ISO-8859-1" and everything was solved.

But now, my problem is another. I usually index my website locally and then,
I send the content of data folder to the webserver by FTP. It had been
working this way, perfectly, during several years. But, suddenly,
difficulties that we have not been able to solve appeared.

Now, if I run indexer.pl leaving the no_index file empty, the searcher
works, but if I exclude some folder/file (as always we have made), when we
trying to execute the searcher from the corresponding form we obtain the
following error message:

> CGI Error
> The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set
of HTTP
> headers. The headers it did return are:
> Cannot open
C:/website/mysitename/html/cgi-bin/old_news/search/data/inv_index:
> at C:\website\mysitename\html\cgi-bin\old_news\search\search.pl line 76.

I insist that locally, in my PC (http: / / localhost /. . . ), where I also
have installed a webserver to preview my site, I don't have problems. These
only happens in the remote server.

Please, I appeal again to your good services and I advance you my infinite
gratefulness.

Orestes

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3A772.C4B34860

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Dear Nabel: </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Before all, and although a little late, I should =
thankyou your=20
guessed right answer around my problem with accented characters. The =
character=20
system was de key. Our site had established&nbsp; "charset=3Dutf-8" in =
html=20
headers, and when we ran indexer.pl, strange characters appeared in all =
the=20
texts. We change to "charset=3DISO-8859-1" and everything was solved.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>But now, my problem is another. I usually index my =
website=20
locally and then, I send the content of data folder to the webserver by =
FTP. It=20
had been working this way, perfectly, during several years. But, =
suddenly,=20
difficulties that we have not been able to solve appeared. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Now, if I run indexer.pl leaving the no_index file =
empty, the=20
searcher works, but if I exclude some folder/file (as always we have =
made), when=20
we trying to execute the searcher from the corresponding form we obtain =
the=20
following error message:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&gt; CGI Error<BR>&gt; The specified CGI application =

misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP<BR>&gt; headers. The =
headers=20
it did return are:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&gt; Cannot open=20
C:/website/mysitename/html/cgi-bin/old_news/search/data/inv_index: =
<BR>&gt; at=20
C:\website\mysitename\html\cgi-bin\old_news\search\search.pl line=20
76.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I insist that locally, in my PC (http: / / localhost =
where I also have installed a webserver to preview my site, I don't have =

problems. These only happens in the remote server. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Please, I appeal again to your good services and I =
advance you=20
my infinite gratefulness.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Orestes</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3A772.C4B34860--