Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Re: Perlfect Search and SSI's

Gerd Gessinger perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 19:24:50 +0200
Hello Ken,

> I'm new to Perlfect Search so I'm not sure what you mean. I have set-up and
> configured as it says in the ReadMe file and then I have simply indexed my
> site using perl indexer.pl

> I have not changed any settings in the configuration files.

there are two different methods to use perlfect search. One from
inside and one from outside. ;)

You can search the filesystem of your webserver. In this case perlfect
will index all your files. If you don't use complete static
HTML-pages, this method is not very useful.

The second method is to use perlfect as crawler like google.
indexer.pl should be the right script for this.
You have to activate this in conf.pl

--
Best regards,
/Gerd