Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Configuration Script help

chris bridges perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 10:28:12 +0100
Hi,

Perlfect search is fantastic. Thank you guys.

I have made a few simple changes to the conf.pl , and now have a second
conf2.pl file, that allows an ASP script page I have written to allow simple
dynamic configuration of how perlfect works.

Once I am happy its all ok I could let you have it if anyone wants ?
currently allows customisation of the following, and more importantly
sugests what the first 4 values should be set to from the webserver. This is
useful where people don't know the absolute path of their virtual web site

$DOCUMENT_ROOT  (suggests)
$BASE_URL (suggests)
$CGIBIN (suggests)
$INSTALL_DIR (suggests)
@EXT
$HTTP_START_URL

and also
No_index.txt

However since I am not a perl guru, could anyone give me a little guidance,
how under asp script I can retrieve the "Database last updated", and "number
of documents" records from the db_file databases and simple print to screen

ie
<HTML>
<TITLE> PerlScript Example </TITLE>
<Script language=perlscript >

### open database
### get record

$Response->Write(### last update ### );
$Response->Write(### number of documents ###);

### close database

</script>
</HTML>

Many thanks in advance