Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Different config files for staging / production servers (was: RE: perlfect-search digest, Vol 1 #463 - 2 msgs)

Morten Wulff perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Mon, 05 May 2003 17:48:44 +0200
On Mon, 5 May 2003 19:28:01 +0530, Maninder, Singh <mandiv@corp.untd.com>
wrote:

> I am indexing my site on my development server where the $INSTALL_DIR is
> different from $INSTALL_DIR on my production servers?
> In that case how do I deal with this change in the conf variable.
>
> I do not want to carry out the indexing on my prod servers.

I had the exact same problem.

I solved it by using two config-files: conf.pl is used for the production
server and conf_local.pl is used for the staging server. I changed
indexer.pl to use conf_local.pl instead of conf.pl (line 56 in version 1.74
of indexer.pl).

hth,

wulff

--
Self Injury Information and Support: www.psyke.org

"I have a school book with my name on it."
"Your parents must be so proud." (http://www.actsofgord.com/)