Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Different config files for staging / production servers (was: RE: perlfect-search digest, Vol 1 #463 - 2 msgs)

Morten Wulff
Mon, 05 May 2003 17:48:44 +0200
On Mon, 5 May 2003 19:28:01 +0530, Maninder, Singh <>

> I am indexing my site on my development server where the $INSTALL_DIR is
> different from $INSTALL_DIR on my production servers?
> In that case how do I deal with this change in the conf variable.
> I do not want to carry out the indexing on my prod servers.

I had the exact same problem.

I solved it by using two config-files: is used for the production
server and is used for the staging server. I changed to use instead of (line 56 in version 1.74

Self Injury Information and Support:

"I have a school book with my name on it."
"Your parents must be so proud." (