Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] PDF's

Dave Filchak
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:59:55 -0500

I have just updated to 3.31b but I am now having trouble indexing the PDF
files which indexed fine in 3.30. My path to xpdf (we're on windows here) is

Now, I notice in the new file that the syntax for the xpdf call in
different. In this area I have tried:
"pdf" => "C:\xpdf\/pdftotext FILENAME -" as well as
"pdf" => "C:\xpdf\pdftotext FILENAME -" and finally
"pdf" => "C/xpdf/pdftotext FILENAME -" .

The error the indexer gives me though is 'illegal characters in filename'. I
never got any error with the older version of Perlfect. Any ideas with this?

Thanks for any help.

David Filchak
Zuka Inc. | ScreamingMedia |
art . technology . strategy . solutions