Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] DB_File

Technical Manager perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Sat, 07 Jun 2003 15:05:52 +0000
--=====================_24481406==.ALT

My aim is to transfer a web site from Freeola to Force9.
There are many differences as to how the ISP works.
I have been using Perlfect-Search for some time - great program.
My immediate problem is with DB_File, they do not seem to have it.
I have tried the recommended approach:
   perl -MCPAN -e 'install DB_File'
This is the result:
   CPAN: Storable loaded ok
   mkdir /root/.cpan: Permission denied at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/CPAN.pm line
   2264

I have downloaded DB_File but at the moment I cannot understand what to do.
(Yes - read the readme and did not understand it!) (They tell me that your
grey cells diminish when you get a state pension)?
MySQL (coupled with custom error pages, password protection etc.) is the
reason for moving ISP in the first place.  So far I have successfully set
up a CGI Guestbook, PHP  Forum and webstats.
Oh- the other unknown variable at the moment is that the CGI is on a
separate server at 'cgi.username.f9.co.uk' whilst the main pages are on
'username.f9.co.uk'. This stops SSI from working unless you put the shtml
on the cgi server.
The CGI files are put under 'cgi.username/cgi-bin', any other files and PHP
are put under 'cgi.username'
It seems a pity that it looks like I will not be able to use Perlfect-Search.

I do hope someone can augment my grey cells!!

Kind regards
Bob Finch

73 de Bob G4DDM (RAFARS 196).
Technical Manager & Webmaster for the Royal Air Force Amateur Radio Society.
http://www.rafars.org email: rafars@g4ddm.f9.co.uk & g4ddm@royalairforce.net
Located: Tylers Green, Bucks.  IARU: IO91PP62   WAB: SU99

VIRUS: Protection by PC-cillin 2003 from Trend Micro Inc. www.antivirus.com
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by
replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

--=====================_24481406==.ALT

Force9.<br>
There are many differences as to how the ISP works.<br>
I have been using Perlfect-Search for some time - great program.<br>
My immediate problem is with DB_File, they do not seem to have it.<br>
I have tried the recommended approach:<br>
&nbsp;</font> <tt>perl -MCPAN -e 'install
This is the result:<br>
&nbsp; </font><font face="Courier, Courier">CPAN: Storable loaded
ok<br>
&nbsp; mkdir /root/.cpan: Permission denied at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/CPAN.pm line<br>
&nbsp; 2264<br><br>
I cannot understand what to do. (Yes - read the readme and did not
understand it!) (They tell me that your grey cells diminish when you get
a state pension)?<br>
MySQL (coupled with custom error pages, password protection etc.) is the
reason for moving ISP in the first place.&nbsp; So far I have
successfully set up a CGI Guestbook, PHP&nbsp; Forum and webstats.<br>
Oh- the other unknown variable at the moment is that the CGI is on a
separate server at 'cgi.username.f9.co.uk' whilst the main pages are on
'username.f9.co.uk'. This stops SSI from working unless you put the shtml
on the cgi server.<br>
The CGI files are put under 'cgi.username/cgi-bin', any other files and
PHP are put under 'cgi.username'<br>
It seems a pity that it looks like I will not be able to use
Perlfect-Search.<br><br>
I do hope someone can augment my grey cells!!<br><br>
Kind regards<br>
Bob Finch<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Technical Manager &amp; Webmaster for the Royal Air Force Amateur Radio
Society.<br>
email: rafars@g4ddm.f9.co.uk &amp; g4ddm@royalairforce.net<br>
Located: Tylers Green, Bucks.&nbsp; IARU: IO91PP62&nbsp;&nbsp; WAB: SU99<br><br>
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.<br>