Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] RE: perlfect-search digest, Vol 1 #467 - 1 msg

Daniel Naber perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 19:22:34 +0200
On Wednesday 04 June 2003 09:33, Maninder, Singh wrote:

> I just want to know from you guys what would it take to migrate
> the scripts from using BDB to using Oracle?

All the accesses to hash tables which are tied to DB_File (e.g.
%inv_index_db, %docs_db, etc) will have to be replaced by SQL statements
that access Oracle.

In indexer.pl the hashes are only tied if $LOW_MEMORY_INDEX is set, so if
that option is not set, indexer.pl only needs to be changed in save_db()
(except for %content_db, which is always tied). Indexing might become much
slower by these changes.