Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexing and searching multiple domains

Ken Petersen perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:50:53 -0500
Daniel--
   Thanks for the quick reply! A couple of other quick
questions....where do I enter the 2 URL's I need indexed? Under
$HTTP_START_URL? For example would this be correct?
$HTTP_START_URL = 'http://MyURL.com';'http://MyURL2.com'

Also what is the correct syntax for the @HTTP_LIMIT_URLS to index 2
URLs?
@HTTP_LIMIT_URLS = (http://MyURL.com);(http://MyURL2.com)

thanks,
  Ken

>>> daniel.naber@t-online.de 01/31/03 04:30PM >>>
On Friday 31 January 2003 21:17, Ken Petersen wrote:

> I am using Perlfect 3.30. I need to be able to search 2 or more
domains
> and have the results come back as one set on the same web page. Is
> this
> something that indexing via HTTP can handle?

If you set @HTTP_LIMIT_URLS accordingly, yes. You may only index your
own
servers and you need to watch indexing progress because the crawler
might
get stuck somewhere and will not stop. Also robots.txt files are
currently
ignored.

> If so, can I also put all
> the files/folders I want excluded from the search from both domains
> into
> one noindex.txt file?

Yes.

> Also is there a limit to the number of domains
> that can be indexed this way?

Theoretically not. In reality, however, Perlfect Search was written
only
for one server.