Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] windows 2000 server - DB_FILE installation fails

Sabaina Bukhari perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:34:03 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Thanks for your response :)

I downloaded:
http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/6xx-builds-only/DB_File.zip

Here is what the README file said:
<README>

To install this ActiveState PPM package, run the
following command in the current directory:

    ppm install DB_File.ppd

</README>

After extracting the zip file, I tried doing exactly
that.. but got the same results:

D:\Perl>ppm install db_file.ppd
Installing package 'db_file.ppd'...
Error installing package 'db_file.ppd': Read a PPD for
'db_file.ppd', but it is
not intended for this build of Perl
(MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)

Then I tried editing DB_File.PPD:

I changed lines 5, 6 to:
   <ARCHITECTURE NAME="MSWin32-x86-multi-thread" />
    <OS NAME="MSWin32" />
from:
  <ARCHITECTURE NAME="i686-linux-thread-multi" />
    <OS NAME="linux" />

Now Im getting these results:

D:\Perl>ppm install db_file.ppd
Installing package 'db_file.ppd'...
Error installing package 'db_file.ppd': mkdir : No
such file or directory at D:/
Perl/lib/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 81

I guess now Im not installing from the right path? Or
what? :/

Thanks!

Sabaina

http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.005/x86/DB_File.tar.gz