Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] windows 2000 server - DB_FILE installation fails

Sabaina Bukhari perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:36:20 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

- Perl version:
v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Binary build 633 provided by ActiveState Corp.
http://www.ActiveState.com
Built 21:33:05 Jun 17 2002

- Perlfect Search:
Version 3.30

When I try to install it... I get the following
messages:

C:\search-3.30>perl setup.pl

Perlfect Search 3.30 Setup Utility

WARNING: There is no guarantee implicit or explicit
that this program will work correctly. By using this
program you automatically indemnify Perlfect Solutions
of any damage or harm directly or indirectly caused by
its operation. Use it at your own risk!

Are you sure you want to continue? [y/n]
: y

*** ERROR: The required DB_File module was not found
on your system.
*** Please check the FAQ at
***
http://www.perlfect.com/freescripts/search/faq.shtml

Then I tried to install DB_FILE:

PPM interactive shell (2.1.6) - type 'help' for
available commands.
PPM> install DB_FILE
Install package 'DB_FILE?' (y/N): y
Installing package 'DB_FILE'...
Error installing package 'DB_FILE': Read a PPD for
'DB_FILE', but it is not inte
nded for this build of Perl (MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)

Iv downloaded and played around with
http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.005/x86/DB_File.tar.gz
http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/DB_File/DB_File-1.78.tar.gz

But it just wont setup!