Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problems with logging and no_index after upgrading.

Linda Antonsson perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:11:20 +0100
Daniel Naber wrote:

> The search.pl script needs write access to the log file, data/log.txt.
> Create that file and make it writeable for everyone.

Oh, okay. I had thought owner writeable would be enough.  So it should
be 666, not 600? I thought I used to have it with tighter permissions,
but guess I was mistaken. :)

> The error log contains the exact error message. Probably the Time::HiRes
> module for Perl is missing.

Thanks. Don't have access to my error logs, but that's probably it.

> Then the real path is probably different from the one in the no_index.txt
> file, e.g. because of symlinks. Make sure to write the path as it's
> displayed during indexing (usually an absolute path name).

Indeed, I was being stupid. Forgot that my host changed the path to my
home directory. :)

>>Also, I turned on the option for highlighting matches, and the pages
>>returned when I click on such a link are missing all graphics and
>>external CSS styling. Is this normal?
>

> No, but it's difficult to tell what the problem is without an example URL.

Here's the page itself: http://www.westeros.org/BoD/index.html
And here's how it comes if I click on the 'highlight matches' link on
the search result page:
http://www.westeros.org/Scripts/PFSearch/search.cgi?q=MUSH&showurl=%2FBoD%2Findex.html

Do I need to set $HTTP_START_URL, perhaps? I am not indexing over the
web, however.

Linda