Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problems with logging and no_index after upgrading.

Daniel Naber perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:01:53 +0100
On Saturday 13 December 2003 21:18, Linda Antonsson wrote:

> 1) Logging no longer seems to occur. I have turned it on in conf.pl,
> however.

The search.pl script needs write access to the log file, data/log.txt.
Create that file and make it writeable for everyone.

> 2) If I try to comment out the lines at the beginning of search.cgi to
> get it to log date of search query and the time it took, I get the
> following error message when I try to search: Premature end of script
> headers: search.cgi

The error log contains the exact error message. Probably the Time::HiRes
module for Perl is missing.

> 3) My no_index.txt file no longer seems to be respected, as searches
> return matches from directories that should be blocked off.

Then the real path is probably different from the one in the no_index.txt
file, e.g. because of symlinks. Make sure to write the path as it's
displayed during indexing (usually an absolute path name).

> Also, I turned on the option for highlighting matches, and the pages
> returned when I click on such a link are missing all graphics and
> external CSS styling. Is this normal?

No, but it's difficult to tell what the problem is without an example URL.