Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] RE: perlfect-search digest, Vol 1 #481 - 4 msgs

Maninder, Singh perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:39:12 +0530
Hi Daniel,

I have a question about the search engine -
Using the exclude hidden field is it possible to exclude certain files
distributed over 2-3 directories?
Like for example, I would like to exclude a.html (which is in /a/) b.html
(which is in /b/) and c.html (which is in /c/)
>From the description below it looks like all of them should be in one common
directory to get excluded.

I don't want to place them in no_index.txt cos they need to get indexed for
another template for which I don't want to create another search module.
Could you please help me with this.
Thanks.

<input type="hidden" name="exclude" value="">

exclude:

If you want to exclude the files in certain paths, use this option. Example:
/old_stuff/. This is evaluated after include, so you can restrict the set of
files with include and then further restrict it with this option. You can
also set a regular expression. Setting this to "" will not exclude any
files. Note: Do not use this to protect private files, as anybody can change
this option. To protect private/secret files, use conf/no_index.txt instead
and re-index your files.