Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Highlighting - Problems

Ralph Lieske
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:10:05 +0200

I have installed perfect-search on our website. Indexing and searching
works great. But there is a problem with the highlighting-function.

When a visitor wants a search-result to be highlighted, the document is
openend and modified by the

The first problem:
The script removed all <base... - Tags and inserted a <base href-Tag.
So the <basefont> and <base target>-Tags have been removed. Because of
the inserted <base href>-tag images referenced relatively are cannot
be found anymore. Same problem with the links. All links with relative
references to files in the same directory do not work anymore, because
the url of the highlighted file is not but

One solution was to change the script that the <base>-tags are not
removed and changing the <base href> to ""
The problem with this solution is: we have a copy on a local webserver
"" what we use to browse our site faster without having
much traffic our internet-connection. But when on the local site the
<base href> is "" all images and pdf-files will be loaded
from the internet and not locally.

Does anyone have a better solution to this problem ?

Thanks in advance.