Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] case sensiticity of stop words

Boyd Pearson perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:52:02 +1300
On 18:10 30/10/02 +0100, Daniel Naber Said:
>On Wednesday 30 October 2002 00:00, Boyd Pearson wrote:
>
> > It seems that the stopwords are case sensitive where as the query is
> > not. What can i do to make the stopwords case insensitive?
>
>I'm not sure if I understand: the stopwords are case insensitive when
>indexing and when searching, i.e. "almost" will not be indexed, neither
>will "ALMOST". When searching for "almost" or "ALMOST" you get the message
>that this term has been ignored (in both cases).

sorry I should had said it was when you had match all words selected

heres what i find using perlfect search on my site:

"The passing of aphrodite" 0 matches

"the passing of aphrodite" 16 matches

with match any words i get 178 in both cases

If i add "The" to the stopwords file and then do a search

"The passing of aphrodite" with match all words I get 16 results.

Ergo Perlfect search stopwords are case sensitive when "match all words" is
selected and not when "match any word" is selected.