Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] indexing pdf files

Ma.Sa. perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 21:57:44 +0200
> > I have tried to understand how to
> > install it, but think maybe that I must have full control of the server.
> > Am I right?
>
> It depends: if you can find a pdftotext binary that runs on your server
> after you simply upload it, that will work. However, your server might use
> an operating system that you don't find binaries for or that has system
> libs that are not compatible. So you just have to try...

Many thanks for your reply, Daniel!

I have downloaded the binary for my server (Linux), and installed
pdftotxt in a folder in my cgi-bin (maybe there were more than just that
one file I should have installed?).
I have modified the conf.pl file accordingly.

When I try to run the indexer, I get
directory_path/pdftotext: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
and then, each time, an error message from indexer.pl

arg. What does this mean????

thanks again!!
Martin