Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] (no subject)

Maninder, Singh perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:03:43 +0530
And if I dont know too much of perl/bdb..can the perlfect-search god
"Daniel" do this for me himself :-)

-Mandy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Naber [mailto:daniel.naber@t-online.de]
Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2002 4:50 PM
To: perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Cc: Maninder, Singh
Subject: Re: [Perlfect-search] (no subject)

On Saturday 05 October 2002 12:19, Maninder, Singh wrote:

> Would it be possible to modify the search engine so that (based on a
> metatag in the doc) it excludes pages that are not appropriate to the
> platform (Windows or Mac) that the user has?

If you know a bit Perl, sure. You could add a database file, like
$INV_INDEX_DB_FILE and all the others. During indexing you analyse the
meta tags and write the information into that "file" (it's a hash, the key
would be the document id, the value whatever value you're interested in).
When searching you query that information in answer_query(), just like
it's done for query->param('include') and query->param('exclude').

In other words: it should be quite simple.

regards