Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Search two indexes at once.

Gaston Groisman perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:37:49 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C295F8.A6303380

Let me explain my situation.

I have a LOT of documents to index, and more are added each day.
Since indexing takes so long I have done this.

There is and FTP folder where documents are added every day, and indexed =
ay 8 AM and takes only a few minutes since it has only documents for the =
current week.
On friday all these documentas are moved to another folder where all =
docs are acumulated. This folder is indexed early Sunday morning and =
takes a long time to finish.

Obviusly I use two different indexes.

So now my search form has a radio button with two options: Search =
current week / search all previous documents.  According to this button =
I call one of the two indexes above.

My question: How could I call two indexes from one search form and have =
all the results show in the same page, one after the other?  That way I =
can get rid of the radio button.

PS: Al this will go away the day we have incremental indexing !!

Sincerely

Gast=F3n Groisman

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C295F8.A6303380

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Let me explain my =
situation.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a LOT of documents to index, and =
more are=20
added each day.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Since indexing takes so long I have =
done=20
this.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There is and FTP folder where documents =
are added=20
every day, and indexed ay 8 AM and takes only a few minutes since it has =
only=20
documents for the current week.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On friday all these documentas are =
moved to another=20
folder where all docs are acumulated. This folder is indexed early =
Sunday=20
morning and takes a long time to finish.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Obviusly I use two different =
indexes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So now my search form has a radio =
button with two=20
According to=20
this button I call one of the two indexes above.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My question: How could I call two =
indexes from one=20
search form and have all the results show in the same page, one after =
the=20
other?&nbsp; That way I can get rid of the radio button.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PS: Al this will go away the day we =
have=20
incremental indexing !!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sincerely</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Gast=F3n =
Groisman<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C295F8.A6303380--