Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexing *.rtf files ?

webmaster perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:38:56 -0500
--=====================_37071095==.ALT

Hello,

We made Perlfect Search script to also index "rich text format" files. The=
=20
search engine finds the rtf files containing the word(s), but displays a=20
very messy bunch of codes like:3.=20
<http://www.magnificat.ca/fran/magn/200205a.rtf>200205a.rtf{\rtf1\ansi\defla=
ng3084{\fonttbl{\f2\fnil\fcharset0\fprq0=20
Arial;}{\f31\fnil\fcharset0 (I spare you the paragraph of codes)Is there=20
anything to be done to prevent the codes from showing up on the results=20
page? and perhaps give an intelligent title to the file name? While not=20
affecting presentation of the html files (title and description) on the=20
results page.

example:
http://magnificat.ca/fran/recherche.htm
and search for the name "S=E9gur" (or "Segur" if you can't type the =E9), to=
=20
obtain only 2 results to see what I mean.

Thank you for this great script. We have been using it for a year and a=20
half. We are now working on upgrading it to version 3.3.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sister Janice
websister
Monastery of the Magnificat
http://www.magnificat.ca/

--=====================_37071095==.ALT

Hello,<br><br>
We made Perlfect Search script to also index &quot;rich text format&quot;
files. The search engine finds the rtf files containing the word(s), but
displays a very messy bunch of codes like:3.
<a=
 href=3D"http://www.magnificat.ca/fran/magn/200205a.rtf">200205a.rtf</a><fon=
t size=3D2>{\rtf1\ansi\deflang3084{\fonttbl{\f2\fnil\fcharset0\fprq0
Arial;}{\f31\fnil\fcharset0</font> (I spare you the paragraph of codes)Is
there anything to be done to prevent the codes from showing up on the
results page? and perhaps give an intelligent title to the file name?
While not affecting presentation of the html files (title and
description) on the results page.<br><br>
example:<br>
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://magnificat.ca/fran/recherche.htm</a><br>
and search for the name &quot;S=E9gur&quot; (or &quot;Segur&quot; if you
can't type the =E9), to obtain only 2 results to see what I mean.<br><br>
Thank you for this great script. We have been using it for a year and a
half. We are now working on upgrading it to version 3.3.<br><br>
Thanks in advance for your help.<br><br>
Sister Janice<br>
websister<br>
Monastery of the Magnificat<br>
<b><a href=3D"http://www.magnificat.ca/"=