Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problems Perlfect 3.30

Michael Spiess perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:02:15 +0100
Hi!

I have two problems with Perlfect 3.30 (I am working with Daniels PHP
Wrapper)

1) The "highlight matches" function does not work - although I set the "1"
in conf.pl and I checked my pages for the requirements (attributes without <
or > scripts and at styles commented out). The following URL is created:
when clicked, nothing happens and the result-page remains

http://www.this-is-my-domain.com/led/search/php_search.php?q=screen&showurl=
http%3A//www.this-is-my-domain.com/led/en/10mm_panel.php%3Fnavid%3D13

FYI: I tried the standard html result files without the PHP wrapper and it
worked perfect, so the server-configuration seem to be OK.

2)a) Indexing with Netscape 4.7: everything OK, Trace is correct displayed.

b) Indexing with IE-6 SP1: No Tracemessages are displayed (why?). After
indexing (takes about 5 sec. for 17 pages) I got the Error-Message Alert
"WinIEPG: Load data fail, Please try again!" - but the index is written
completely and all 17 documents are well indexed. So everything seems OK but
I am not feeling comfortably with this IE Error Alert.......... How can I
avoid it?

Many thanks for your help!
Best regards,
Michael