Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] How to completely exclude directories to index?

b p
Wed, 15 May 2002 19:51:46 -0700 (PDT)

This is a great free search engine by the way.

I wanted to ask if there is any way
to prevent the indexer script from recursing into
excluded directories.

Currently I specify an excluded directory as:

but the indexer still processes what is inside the
excluded directory even though it does not index the

What I'd like is for the indexer to just completely
skip these directories in order to increase indexing
time while reducing the load on our shared filesystem.

am I specifying the syntax incorrectly? or is there a
way to specify only the subdirectories to index? or do
i have to modify a few lines of the script?

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience