Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] cgi/indexer/NT

Brenda Schmidt bschmidt@iBeamSolutions.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 08:04:33 -0400
Daniel,

Yes, I changed in form, "Indexer_Form.html" to reflect the "cgi" extension in the form action.
Yes, the indexing worked properly during setup.
& Yes, the search worked perfectly, first time!  Very impressed.

I know it has execution permission because I am actually having a side issue of not being able to save ANYTHING to the server for this project using Microsoft Visual Interdev because it tells me I "am not allowed to put files into an executable folder on this server."

So, when I try to use the "index_form.html" it starts the process, but then it generates that error message--about not being a valid Win32 application.????

I am not sure how I can have the client continue to keep the index updated on a routine basis, especially in light of the fact this this is not located on a server that they have any direct access to, nor do I in the instance which I am going to try to use this solution.

????
Brenda S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Naber [mailto:daniel.naber@t-online.de]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 9:58 PM
To: perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Cc: Brenda Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Perlfect-search] cgi/indexer/NT

On Thursday 09 May 2002 14:40, Brenda Schmidt wrote:

> After I changed the extension to "cgi", it did start to execute,
> however, now I have an error that says "%1 is not a valid Win32
> application." when trying to run the Indexer_Form.html.

Did you maybe forget to change the action="..." in indexer_form.html? Did
you index the server at least once already (e.g. during setup)? If so, did
you test the search and does it work? If the search.pl works, indexer.pl
should at least start (it needs execution permission, which is not set by
default).

Regards
 daniel