Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] cgi/indexer/NT

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Fri, 10 May 2002 23:53:09 +0200
On Friday 10 May 2002 14:04, Brenda Schmidt wrote:

> "am not allowed to put files into an executable folder on this server."

I don't know is meant by "executable folder", but of course the script
itself must be executable. In other words, indexer.pl must have the same
rights as search.pl (when using index_form.html at least).

> So, when I try to use the "index_form.html" it starts the process, but
> then it generates that error message--about not being a valid Win32
> application.????

This could be because *.cgi isn't connected to the Perl interpreter by
Windows. That still doesn't explain why search.pl works, I have no clue
about that...