Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Error within page or script on search.pl

bob@royalairforce.net bob@royalairforce.net
Thu, 2 May 2002 10:05:34 +0100
Progress report.

The following comment on another thread [Problems with PerlFect
Search 3.30 - Linda Antonsson] allowed me to see the error.

> Or remove the comment sign from this line in search.pl:
> #use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

This revealed that the subdirectory 'perlfect' required to be named
'Perlfect', also the file within was 'template.pm' and the script
required it to be named 'Template.pm'.

I never use uppercase letters, the ftp program is set to automatically
correct filenames to lower case. This is because Windows and/or
graphics progs or front page sometime save with uppercase letters
(one prog always makes the extender uppercase) and sometimes I
do not notice.

However search now works (it shows a nil return).

Further tests:

Indexer is playing up - it completes it's index run and shows on the
browser dialogue that is has created temp files - then renamed the
temp files.
At no time does it show an error.

However the data directory only contains content_tmp, dates_tmp,
desc_tmp, df, docs_tmp, inv_index_tmp, sizes_tmp, terms_tmp, tf,
titles_tmp, urls_tmp.

Also the contents are not the same as when I first ran the indexer.
I deleted the files and the directory and started again with a new
directory - still the same. Naturally the search.pl returns the error
'Cannot open data/inv_index: No such file or directory'.

One step forward and two backwards.
HELP PLEASE

73 De Bob
G4DDM (RAFARS 196).
Technical Manager & Webmaster for the
Royal Air Force Amateur Radio Society.
http://www.rafars.org
email: rafars@g4ddm.co.uk  bob@royalairforce.net
Located: Tylers Green, Bucks.  IARU:IO91PP62  WAB:SU99

VIRUS: Protection by PC-cillin 2002 from Trend Micro Inc.
www.antivirus.com
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information intended
for the addressee only and may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information. It is for the intended
recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying
to this e-mail. If you are nor the intended recipient you must
not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.