Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Patch to increase low memory indexing speed

Cameron Moore lists@unbeatenpath.net
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:27:50 -0600
* edward_johnson@yahoo.com (G. Edward Johnson) [2002.03.28 19:32]:
> I have been playing with perlfect search and have come
> up with some changes that signficantly speed up the
> indexing when LOW_MEMORY_INDEX is set.  I think some
> of you may be interested in trying this out.
> <snip/>

Glanced at your patch and have one small nit with the following chunk:

***************
*** 62,67 ****
--- 62,70 ----

  $|=1;

+ # if FLUSH_FREQUENCY is not set in the conf.pl, give it a value here
+ $FLUSH_FREQUENCY = 1 unless $FLUSH_FREQUENCY;
+
  # Calling via CGI is allowed with password:
  if( $INDEXER_CGI_PASSWORD && $ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} ) {
    print "Content-Type: text/plain\n\n";

That could be shortened to just:

  $FLUSH_FREQUENCY |= 1;
--
Cameron Moore
[ Some things are true even though Microsoft says they are. ]