Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Searching for version numbers?

Daniel Naber
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:05:21 +0100
On Sunday 03 March 2002 11:21, Dirk Haun wrote:

> I'm using Perlfect to search through an (ever-growing) FAQ. One popular
> search query is that for specific version numbers. However, searching
> for e.g. "10.1.3" or "10.1" does not return any hits, even though there
> should be several.

The dot is removed, so "10.1" is indexed as "10" and "1" (and only if you
set the minimum length to 1). You will need to add a regular expression to's normalize() function that turns yx.z into yxDOTz, before the
special characters (e.g. the dot) are removed. Then it needs to be changed
back to yx.z.