Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] directory search

Rusty Wilson rustyw007@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:47:01 -0800 (PST)
--- Daniel Naber <daniel.naber@t-online.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 28 February 2002 20:36, Kat Edelin wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to make the search be more specific to directories?
>
> (This is also the answer to the two other similar questions)
>
> The new version 3.30beta allows to include only certain directories
> by
> using the 'include' parameter in the search form ('exclude' also
> exists).
> This is meant to work either with a hidden field or with a combo box,
> not
> with checkboxes. But support for checkboxes should be easy to add,
> you
> only have to join together all directories with a pipe symbol, e.g.
> directory1|directory2 (include takes a regular expression)
>
> regards
>  Daniel

Daniel,

Thanks for the additional information. I am a new user to perlfect, and
I was wondering if you would be willing to go into a little (or a lot!)
more detail for me?

I have read the README file, the FAQ, and the example configuration
file, and it is still not clear to me how to accomplish searching only
specific "collections".

I cant find any references to "include" (or the 3.3obeta), and the only
reference to exclude I can find is in the configuration of which
directories will be exluded by the indexer.

Can you give me a more detailed example of how I would use the
"include" feature to allow users to include different "collections" in
their search (just pseudo code is fine)...

Thanks in advance.

Rusty