Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problem with "index.html" file

Mark Love perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:20:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, I am new to the list here, but I was hoping someone here could help with a question:

When Perlfect Search returns a result from the homepage (index.html) of the site I installed it on, if I click the "highlight matches" is returns the following:

Error: getting the file 'http://www.iaci-usa.org' is not allowed

If I adjust the "conf.pl" $HTTP_START_URL="http://www.iaci-usa.org/index.html" and then do a search, it returns the results pointing to "http://www.iaci-usa.org/index.html" and the error does not occur.

<half-assed theory>
So it seems that the index script translates (as browsers do) the URL "http://www.iaci-usa.org/index.html" to be "http"//www.iaci-usa.org" but the "highlight" mode tries to get the file "iaci-usa.org/" which is a directory
</half assed theory>

So my question is:  is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Love