Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problem with "index.html" file

Mark Love
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:20:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, I am new to the list here, but I was hoping someone here could help with a question:

When Perlfect Search returns a result from the homepage (index.html) of the site I installed it on, if I click the "highlight matches" is returns the following:

Error: getting the file '' is not allowed

If I adjust the "" $HTTP_START_URL="" and then do a search, it returns the results pointing to "" and the error does not occur.

<half-assed theory>
So it seems that the index script translates (as browsers do) the URL "" to be "http"//" but the "highlight" mode tries to get the file "" which is a directory
</half assed theory>

So my question is:  is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Love