Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] stop highlighting of ignored document parts

Cameron Moore perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 08:45:13 -0500
* daniel.naber@t-online.de (Daniel Naber) [2002.07.05 17:36]:
> On Friday 05 July 2002 10:13, Morten Wulff wrote:
>
> > So, I've taken the liberty of making a small change to search.pl to fix
> > this problem. Please correct me, if I've made any blatant mistakes ;-)
>
> Thanks, I'm just not sure if it should be integrated into the main source.
> Probably someone will consider this new behaviour a bug (although I
> personally think it makes sense)...

I would vote would integration into the main source.  The highlighter
should only highlight entries that it found in the db-files.  Since we
are not indexing terms inside the ingore-text tags, we shouldn't
highlight them as if we were indexing them.  I agree with Morten -- the
current behavior is a bug, IMO.
--
Cameron Moore
[ When sign makers go on strike, what do they picket with? ]