Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Recording time for a search in log.txt

Norm Szcyrek
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:41:27 -0500
According to the file, there is a way to log details about each
search that is performed [details listed below]. I've set it up on my
webserver, but for some reason the last field which is supposed to
record the time to perform a search in seconds, is always filled with a
"-" value. Has anyone been able to generate a true value in this field,
and if so how?  My webserver is running Solaris 2.6 and Perl 5.005_02.

# If you want to log the queries to an extra file, set this to 1.
# Every use of will then be logged to data/log.txt. That file
# has to exist and must be writable for the webserver. The line format
# REMOTE_HOST;date;terms;matches;current page;(time to search in
# NOTE: if you have many queries, this file will grow quite fast.
$LOG = 1;

Norm Szcyrek
Systems Engineer
Internet Operations Center, Inc.