Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] can you create "collections" in Perlfect?

Rusty Wilson rustyw007@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13.35:48 -0800 (PST)
This question is somewhat similar to one that was recently posted, but
with a slightly different "twist".

Can perlfect be configured to create "collections" (anyone that has
used the netscape/verity search engine will find "collections" a
familiar term).

If so, how do you configure a collection in perlfect (say all press
releases)? Do they have to been the same directory, or is there some
other mechanism?

Example - I want to create a collection of "Press Releases", a
different collection of "Technology", and say a third collection of
"Investor Information".

Then on the search form, I want to allow the user to limit their search
to any number (or all) of the available collections.

Here is an EXACT example of what I am trying to do:
http://search.microsoft.com/advanced_search.asp?siteid=us

(sincere apologies in advance for using microsoft as an
example...sheesh - but it is exactly what I want to accomplish).

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

--
Rusty