Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] can I use the same index data files for UNIX and WINDOWS?

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:42:35 +0100
On Wednesday 27 February 2002 18:40, Dimitri Stamatis wrote:

> Thank you, Norm and Daniel, for your responses. Maybe I'm totally off on
> this, but could the problem be: Windows represents carriage returns with
> 2 characters, whereas Unix represents them with only 1 character?

The data files are binary, so this is not relevant.

> Apparently Apache comes pre-installed on Linux. But, I think I still
> need to download and configure Apache's Tomcat server in order to run
> the portion of my site that is JSP/servlet driven (unless that comes
> pre-installed as well).

It depends on your Linux distribution. But if you can access the windows
server via http when Linux is running, you can use HTTP_START_URL to index
it directly.

regards