Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] can I use the same index data files for UNIX and WINDOWS?

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:40:09 +0100
On Monday 25 February 2002 22:29, Dimitri Stamatis wrote:

> Can I use the same indexed binary data files for UNIX and WINDOWS?

That should be possible in theory, but it never works in real life :-(

> But, I'm completely new to Linux/Unix; I haven't even been able to
> properly configure my mouse, let alone learn enough to install Apache,
> Tomcat, Perl, etc..

All you need is Perl. Then just install Perlfect Search and index your
files. You don't need Apache, not even your mouse for that (besides, you
don't have to do anything to install Apache, Perl, etc: your Linux
distribution will do that for you).

regards