Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] problem with no_index

webmaster webmaster@magnificat.ca
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:46:09 -0500
--=====================_15490604==_.ALT

Hello,
I have been using perlfect search with no problems on our website. I have 4
different setups to index only pages in subdirectories for each different
language, etc. and I reindex through telnet. But now I am working on a
friend's website, since he only speaks French. No possibility for using
telnet on his site, so I index through http. Finally got it working. But it
keeps on re-indexing files in subdirectories excluded by no_index.txt
The lines in no_index.txt file are as follows:
/www/sitename/fr/info/actu/*
The pages in this and other directories marked to "not index", get indexed
no matter what.
Thanks for your help!

Sister Janice, webmaster

http://magnificat.ca/