Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Highlight Matches Not Working With Port Number - Is this a bug?

ehnya chnia perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:20:11 +0000
Hi,

I managed to get my system administrator to give me back port 80.
Unfortunately, thing is still the same. This is what I got from the web
server error log:

[29/Aug/2002:12:54:58] failure ( 1464): for host 202.121.0.13 trying to GET
/cgi-bin/search.pl, cgi_scan_headers reports: the CGI program
/usr/iplanet/servers/https-demo2/project/cgi-bin/search.pl did not produce a
valid header (name without value: got line "use of uninitialized value at
tools.pl line 31.")

Line 31 in my tools.pl:
if( $http_max_pages_counter >= $HTTP_MAX_PAGES )

Perhaps there is some misconfiguration in conf.pl but the Search does work
fine in my NT machine, with the same configurations but different path and
server root.

I am using the latest version of Perlfect search with only Revision 1.76 for
search.pl (fix the "not found" problem with "highlight matches" and
index.html files). And I had actually commented
$url = $response->base; in get_url (tools.pl) because it gives me some
problem. These are the only changes I made.

Any ideas?

Thanks.