Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Synonyms?

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:10:33 +0200 (CEST)
If a fuzzy search is indeed what you are after, as Jerrad Pierce is suggesting,
you might want to try to implement it the following way, which is not as

Whenever the user enters a non-existent term (which most misspellings turn out
to be) simply do a fuzzy search for similar terms to suggest to use instead,
without actually doing a search Eg:

"the term ..... does not occur anywhere in our pages and gave 0 hits. Did you
mean .... ?"

This should be fairly easy to implement, I think. Some time ago, I wrote a
small routine to do the fuzzy searching in the term list, but I haven't put it
to use yet.