Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] what is the best way to log multiple search box activity?

Daniel Naber perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:05:35 +0200
On Friday 23 August 2002 17:48, Rusty Wilson wrote:

> QUESTION: I want to track the use of the search field located in the
> body of the page separately from the search located in the footer of
> every other page. I want to collect all the information that is normall
> logged for *both* searches.
>
> What is the best way to do this?

You'll have to modify the log_query() function in search.pl so that it
writes one more column that contains the "name" of the box (hidden
parameter). Then everything is logged and you can still see what box was
used.